Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fall is Here


I was there in late June when the Mets ate the Phillies for dinner. They ate them for lunch too, I just didn't go to the game. They even had snacks the next day.

But you would never have know that last night after the 9-2 pounding the Phillies gave my Mets. It was like one of those Pennsylvania Dutch Country smorgasbords for Philly.

And they got their giant meal. My boyfriend ejected for rejected authority the whole game. The Philles coach was ejected too. It's September friends, even if the calendar says August 28. Heck, ask the Presidential candidates... it's been September for months. Or at least their schedules have seemed like it.

2 comments:

MEC said...

As Bon Jovi would say, "Keep the Faith." The Mets are five games up. They are playing good baseball, even though some of their starters are really feeling for it right now. But with Pedro on the horizon this team is sure to get a jolt. Even if Pedro is a shell of himself, he brings energy and enthusiasm to any dugout, something ANY team needs in the latter part of the season.

David Wright has been on fire. As a 24 year old male, I ENVY HIM. We are about the same age and I live in the NYC area. I played 3B in high school and college and live vicariously through your boyfriend. I guess the closest I'll ever get to being David Wright is in the past, sigh.

Unknown said...

Poor MEC. 24 and it's over.

Kidding.

Am trying to keep the Faith, but last night made it tough to do. Thanks for reminding me about what matters, which has now dwindled to 4 games. ouchie.