Saturday, June 30, 2007

All Carlos, All the Time


Philadelphia - I am happily in my friend's lovely Center City apartment, writing on his beautiful G4, and reveling in the Mets double header win yesterday. We are headed off to a walking class he has been taking about the architecture of Philly so this will be quick. Thankfully, they allow special guests.

We witnessed last night's 5-2 win. My thumbnail review.... The stadium is beautiful. Modeled on Camden Yards, one of the best baseball stadiums around. The weather was perfect b-ball weather, although a little cooler than I would have expected for almost July. Our seats were fabulous, lotsa Met fans and I saw more than a sliver of the pre-Italy Mets. Solid hitting, solid fielding, beautiful 8 plus innings from our beast Johnny Maine.

My two highlights: All Carlos, all the time. Carlos the third (Gomez) with fab fielding and Carols Beltran belting 2 out of the park.

More later, including the bitter Phillies fan who asked me and a gang 'o Met fans about Mets fashion. Speaking of fashion, my very non pedestrian friend wore a beautiful 1980s style Phillies cap sans green fur.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: