Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tomorrow is Another Day


I was at work today monitoring the disaster game. I am crazed, as I am about to be out of town all next week for work (don't worry, I promise road blogging) and watching the score go up and down like a roller coaster. To make it worse, I was surrounded by giddy Yankee fans.

Now it should be known that I hate roller coasters. If someone asks me to go on one, I typically will with the end result being my face in a garbage can less than a half hour later. You'd think I would learn and not do this, but like a jackass I try and try thinking the end result will be different. It never is.

That's how today's game felt, but more disturbing than that is how baseball is starting to make me feel. This is worse than an Election Day to me. I can't take the drama, I can't take the agony, I can't take the pain.

I would probably just give up after last night (courtesy of the shamen) and today (courtesy of pitching problems), but I can't. We were hitting like we should and Pedro is back in another week or so. Plus, I have made it this damn far. It's September for gawd's sake and we are still in first place.

I know we're off to Atlanta, so as Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day".

2 comments:

MEC said...

Do not panic. Every team goes through a slide, we are no exception. We will right the ship in ATL. Still in first by a couple games. I'll worry when we don't make the playoffs, ya gotta believe.

Unknown said...

Thanks MEC. Encouragement especially needed about now.
I think it takes the brink for us to be our best. And we're there right now.