Thursday, August 23, 2007

Groundhog Day


Haven't we been here before? Last night's 7-5 loss (which I caught most of on TV... jet lag is still nipping at me, hence the 5 am post) to the Padres was kinda painful to watch because I have seen precisely this before. The bats were performing beautifully, with the Jose, Luis, Carlos show doing what we need it to do...finally! But again, no relief from that damn ex-druggie Mota.

Now, I have bitched and bitched about our relief pitching, but I am fully disgusted now. We had a good chance to beat one of the best pitchers in the NL last night and it was our relief pitching that sunk us. It is late August, which is just too late to still have this crap happening. The bats are alive, it's time for the relief pitching to get with the program.

My only consolation is that both Atlanta and Philly lost. Phew. Enough of my rant. As reader MEC will remind me, it is about that and not about just one game.

No comments: