Sunday, August 26, 2007

Plugging Away to October


Instead of watching baseball, yesterday I did a 63 mile bike ride for fun. I realize this is crazy. Today I am exhausted and looking forward to seeing Johnny get his groove back tonight (esp because I am doing absolutely NOTHING today).

Yesterday's 4-3 win against the Dodgers was good stuff. El Duque, as per usual, a beast of the finest order. I would argue he has been the most solid pitcher in our rotation all season. Granted, he has only been back since July, but we have not seen El Duque meltdowns as we have for pretty much everyone else on the mound.

For the closing, the not always predictable Heilman managed to keep it together for the win. But no Billy Wagner yesterday and not a lot of info, except something about a dead arm. Now, I have bitched the last few weeks about Billy and for good reason. But I hope he is back soon, as he is overall one of the best closers in baseball (29 saves, 2.05 ERA) and probably more predictable than anything else we've got. Plus, we'll need him in the post season.

Carlos D out of the funk. We need him back, just as much as we need to keep winning. We're at lucky number 7, let's see how much further we can go.

No comments: