Sunday, June 17, 2007

Look Out!

It's an avalanche. Everything is not working all at once - problem starting pitching, the double Carlos slump, relievers that bring no relief. Everything is malfunctioning and the result is collapse.

What do you do in life when nothing is working right? It's like a day when you spill coffee on your outfit, get stuck in the subway, fight with someone you love, burn your breakfast, forget a meeting, curse your boss -all before 8 am. Ya know what I do? I call in sick.

I realize that is not possible for most baseball players, but sometimes stepping back is the only way to totally forget about what's wrong so you can find the focus to make things right. Looks like we're working for Thursday. And Atlanta and Philly lost today.

The good news? Avalanches are part of nature. And once things fall and re-adjust, things are actually stronger than before. Or at least that's what I gotta believe.

2 comments:

Coop said...

Hi Jill - I am also a 30-something chick who blogs about the Mets. I found your link through FAFIF. Come by My Summer family sometime and share your thoughts. DW might be your boyfriend...my Oliver "Oh Pea" Perez is certainly MINE!! LOL

Marc said...

It used to be pretty in the Bronx- when I worked up there!