Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Intervals



Last night I did the dreaded intervals on the elliptical and watched a little Yankees v. O's. For those of you who don't workout, it's doing a couple of minutes at very high speed and a couple of minutes at a lower speed . It's a good workout, but whenever I do it, I am wiped out. Seriously wiped out. Bottom line: I just hate those things.

Doing this while watching the very intervaled Yankees (who have now dropped 6 of the last 7) and then seeing the Mets 5-3 loss to the cocktail weenie Cardinals reminded me that you have to be careful about winning too many games in a row (unless you are the Red Sox this year) - what comes out on the other side can be awful ugly. Look at the April and most of May for the Mets and then the horrible June.

So, I'm not thrilled about Schoenweis again failing to come through or for Oli not getting the win he worked so hard at trying to get. This was mostly a batting problem (yet again), with a dash of bad pitching. But so it goes. Maybe it will make the next couple of weeks a little less painful.

No comments: