Wednesday, June 6, 2007

El Duque!


I am so in vacation mode that I failed to realize that the Mets are on ESPN tonight against the Philles AND El Duque is on the mound. I believe he started when I was in Italia, so I am excited to see what he is bringing. Right now, he seems to have settled down, Mets up 1-0.

While I am bummed about Green, Alou, et al, it is nice to see other Mets like Gotay, Newhan, and Endy! can step it up. I call him Endy! because his amazing catch in Game 7 of last year's NLCS was one of the best catches of all time. Hands down the highlight of series. If he wasn't shorter than me, I would add him to my list of my boyfriends that wear blue and orange.

UPDATE- Some major ugly has broken out. I am eating Italian chocolate like it is my last day on earth.... mets down 3-2 and something is wrong with Endy!. He could not even walk off the field, looks like a hamstring. Not good.

No comments: