Sunday, September 30, 2007

This IS How It Ends

Indeed, it is over.

I have been beyond words, near tears and just generally in shock about what has conspired today.

I will write more when I am able, but today I am grieving. It is especially painful because despite the ups and downs, I never would have believed it could lead to a conclusion like this one. The last few weeks, the terrible weeks after I got home from Italy, the ups and downs that could have rivaled Sybil.

Maybe that was the problem. It's smooth and steady that wins the race. What is needed to be at the top is the ability to stay sharp enough to stay there. And it ain't easy - anywhere and everywhere, not just baseball.

When I'm old, I know I will recount the 2007 baseball season to whatever crazy lunatics will listen. Thanks for listening.

No comments: