Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Moises=Moses


I gave up last night, somewhere in the 7th inning and retreated as depressed as the day before about the state of Mets Nation as I am about the rest of the nation. Thankfully I nearly spit my coffee out this morning as I was reading all about how the boys came back to score 6, yes 6 runs in the 9th.

They still lost, 10-9, but seems like all the boys pitched in to close the gap. Jose the spark, Castillo, my boyfriend, and of course Mosies Alou, who has become the beacon of hope.

Note this exchange from the Times:

“It doesn’t mean a thing,” Lo Duca said. “It doesn’t matter if we lose by eight runs or one. It’s still a loss.” Perhaps 15 feet away, Moises Alou, whose bases-loaded double with one out drew the Mets to within a run, said: “You always want to think about the positive. You never want to dwell on the negative.”

I'm pretty sure Moises is Moses. And you know how my tribe feels about Moses.

No comments: