Sunday, September 30, 2007

Amazin'


I started yesterday determined not to let baseball dominate the day. I had a party to prep for and a good friend who needed my attention.

We are out shopping and a random dude says to me, hey, you know they are up 4-0. Ah yes, I am wearing my Mets hat. Addiction resumed, thank gawd for the blackberry and auto refresh. And it just kept getting better; emails started to come in, people started calling. I watched the last 2 innings of the Philles- Nats....

Amazin'.

As long as you control your own fate, anything is possible. And that's where we are today. As FOI (Friend of Oliver & I) MEC reminds us, this is exactly why Tommy is here. Do your thing Tommy G and make the Mets fate what you want it to be.

This is where politics and baseball are different; at the end of the day in politics, there is something emotional that impacts people to choose you and transcends your physical ability to campaign or raise money. At the end of the day in baseball, your ability is all you've got. That and your own emotional state. Yesterday was the turn on that one and there has never been any doubt about our ability.

So let's show 'em what we've got.

No comments: