Friday, July 20, 2007

Driving in Reverse, But Moving Forward



So, we pounded the crap outta LA last night, 13-9. I was out beginning my birthday celebrations and was in no state to view Sportscenter either tonight or this early morning.

I did, however, have a chance to read the postmortems as I enjoy my day off and what is striking is the reversal of fortune that is last night. Everything that was good was bad and everything that was bad was good. Sele relieved, bats performed and Tom Glavine couldn't get it up. When have we seen that all season?

Somedays it all works (or fails to work as the case may be) as you expect and then, wham! It's all reversed. This doesn't have to be a bad thing, but our starting pitching has been precarious all season with injuries and the cobwebby spot for Pedro we have been forced to spackle with Triple-A'ers that have been inconsistent, to say the least.

I like some pieces of the reversal. The hitting is delish. To see Shawn Green actually hitting gives me hope for all my tribes.

1 comment:

MEC said...

So I sit here and watch the Mets play the Dodgers..and they cut to Bonds. I guess that was a good thing after Gotay throws away an easy inning-ending double play. Great.