Sunday, July 8, 2007

Bring It On!

Last night, I went with my neighbor to see the Nats v. Brewers. I mean, who would not want to see the team with the best record in the NL? Well, they didn't play like it. Sloppy fielding handed it to the Nats 5-4, but the Brewers scored 2 beautiful out-of-the park home runs in a football designed bowl that is hostile to the bat, to say the very least.

When we left the game, it was the 12th inning for the Mets, 3-3. I got home about 45 minutes later, the game was still going. Nuts. The Mets effectively played 2 games last night, with pitching for 17 innings. I'm happy to see the fight in them, to see pitching and fielding that kept Houston at bay for that damn long. And then, finally, victory.

I see the fight, I smell the fight, I taste the fight. Bring on July!

No comments: