Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Politics and Baseball Part One

So I have had my blog going for a couple of weeks and I have yet to blog about the nexus between politics and baseball. This was a huge inspiration for me on the TNR blog last year, but politics - once my life's passion- is something that I have been slowly weaning myself off of and baseball has served as my interim methadone.

But it couldn't Iast. I was talking to a dear friend earlier this evening (A Red Sox fan it should be noted. You people are like cockroaches and New Yorkers - you are EVERYWHERE) and she said that once the campaigns really heated up and the season got down to the wire I would have tons of material, which is probably true. In the meantime, all I can do is compare Presidential candidates to baseball teams.

So here goes a couple:

John Edwards is the Cardinals- super hot in 2006, just shy of the basement in 2007.

Mike Gravel is the Nats - some people might not even realize DC has baseball because the team is so lousy.

John McCain is the Yankees - kinda in the toilet right now, but based on history both have the potential to come back and kick everyone's ass.

Mitt Romney is the Red Sox - Hot, hot, hot right now, but let's see where you both are come September

No comments: