Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fairytales Do Come True


Yes, I am still sitting shivah for the Mets (which means that you can't make mean jokes for a little while), but I am kinda, sorta watching playoff baseball.

I am not rooting for anyone, but after seeing the preview coverage, as well as stuff about last night's games, it's clear the story of baseball is alive and well. In the political world, all flacks want a consistent story to tell in order to create loyalty, action, a whole host of things. It is no different in baseball. The title of this season? Fairytales Do Come True.

I'm not sure who is a bigger fairytale team: the Rockies, a non East coast team that was nowhere near first place and had a blazing fall, a crazy duel against the Padres (which they won); the F*#cking Phillies (don't need to fill you in on that one); the Cubs, who came back to bite the Brewers in the butt; and of course, the Yankees, who I poked fun at all summer (who I don't like, won't root for, but have to admire their determination).

The only hard part in the fairytale is that nearly all of the teams are in the NL. Oh well, at least MLB will have one fairy to get us to watch the WS.

No comments: