Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our Guam


Wow, what a weekend between the Mets and the gorgeous weather. The past two days were literally the most beautiful of the year - 70s, 80s... perfect biking weather. And I took advantage of it.

That, of course, meant that I only saw a bit of the Mets take the series 2-1 from Arizona, the team with the best record in baseball. Now before you think we're out of the woods, think again. Yes, we won today in a pitchers duel (yes, we won a pitchers duel, shocking I know) between Johan and Dan Haren. But yesterday was a complete and total pitching meltdown, not dissimilar to the Pittsburgh avalanche last week. Friday was a beauty, with Moises Alou back, Jose's bat alive, and pitching that held it together. What can I say... we're streakier than my pollen covered windows.

And we're still a half game out of first. Consider this series kind of like Guam - sometimes it's the perception and the subsequent momentum that matters more than anything.

No comments: