Sunday, April 27, 2008

Settling In For the War


For just a moment watching the Mets v. Braves today, I felt bad for the Braves. In an emotion I am all too familiar with, I watched an aging pitcher fall part. But this time it was John Smoltz (because of course, every aging Mets pitcher is already on the DL).

This tiny weakness was enough for the Mets bats to wake up, including two, yes TWO, big ass home runs by Carlos D. Beautiful. I, along with pretty much all of Metland, have been trashing Carlos D. for not performing. Today was a welcome change; I guess Friday's mental health day did its' voodoo.

The bullpen even held it together, Schoenweis included. 6-3, the boys are back. We won the battle. The war? Tied for second with Philly, where half the team is on the DL. Let's settle in for a long season gang, just like another contest that won't be settled until later this year.

No comments: