Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pelfrey, Pitching, Patience

So the meltdown of yesterday is weighing on me. Pitcher Pelfrey’s second collapse against a subpar team (first Washngton, now Colorado) leaves me wondering what happens to our fifth pitching spot. Our bats are only as good as our pitching, after all. And if Maine and Oliver can hold it together and El Duque’s and Tommy’s bodies can hold together, we just might have a shot come the fall.

When I think about how far away September is, I do realize it is a little bit early to be spreading on the melodrama. I mean, what the hell, it is APRIL. APRIL. If I start freaking out now, I will either be in a straight jacket or at least on Lithium by the time the leaves are turning brown.

I guess sometimes you can’t sweat one win or one loss – it can drive you to drink. It might just be more important to find one thing you could have done a little better and try to do it the next time. As goes baseball, so goes life.

So young Mr. Pelfrey, I apologize. When I see you next time, do better.

No comments: